Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Wall Hanging



I know it is well after St. Patrick's Day.  However, I am behind in putting things up.  I admit that I got this done on St. Patrick's Day at around 10 at night just so I could say that I got it done in time to hang up for the holiday.

Directions:
1.  Find a shamrock print and cut it out of green construction paper.
2.  Glue it onto a background.  I have had a small stack of rainbow paper for a long time and never had a use for it until I made this.
3.  Hot glue buttons on the shamrock.  I used a variety of shapes and 2 different shades.  I liked the look of the shamrock once I started layering the buttons.  I found that it looked too dull without the layered look.

Verdict:
5 stars - It is hard to find St. Patrick's Day decorations.  While I burned a few layers of skin with the glue gun, it was worth it.  It has inspired me to make one for Valentine's Day and one for Christmas. I like the simplicity of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment