Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter Egg Craft

I know that Easter is over.  One thing I wanted to make before Easter but never got around to was making Easter eggs to put in a decorative vase.  I decided to make them after so they would be ready for next year.

Directions:
1.  Blow up a water balloon in the shape/size that you want.
2.  Wrap yarn around the water balloon.
3.  Paint Mod Podge onto the yarn.
4.  Let the yarn dry completely and then pop the balloon.  Take the balloon out.


Verdict:
1 star - The top one looks better.  I followed the directions on top for that one.  Unfortunately, some of the yarn did harden.  I knew that I was having trouble from the beginning.  Therefore, I tried dipping the yarn in the bottom one into Mod Podge first and then putting it on the balloon.  It left a weird residue all over the balloon.  Both of these up close do not look good.  At least the top one looks nice in a photo.  This project was messy, time consuming, and a waste.  Now I need to find something else for my decorative vases.

No comments:

Post a Comment